Skip to main content

TTSBC #2 Jasper Says Relax...

Hello again! Yes, I’ve been on a bit of a blog hiatus, what with the Holidays and the icky stomach virus that took up residence in my house. Somehow, I was very fortunate and was spared from getting sick, but Nix is still not quite right. Gene and Rhi seem to be just fine now. Thank you for all the well-wishes!!!

So, I am pleased to announce that today marks the second Twilight Tuesday Scrapbooking Challenge! I am so excited about giving you these challenges every other Monday (I’ll be rotating with Dani’s awesome Sketch Challenges!). So, without further ado, here’s what you’ll find on the TTIC Blog:

Welcome to the second Twilight Tuesday Scrapbooking Challenge! The Holidays are almost over, so maybe you can find some time to play along with us! This week's challenge is about one of the Cullen boys... Jasper has the special ability to control the emotions of the people in a room. He often made Bella relax in Twilight. Who in your life does that for you? Maybe you have a special place you go to to find peace. What is your "Jasper?" Make a scrapbook page representing that person or place! Or, you can make a layout about Jasper himself!

Here is what some of the Design Team has come up with:

Erica (her post will be up a little later) ~ Tonya

And here is my project:

IMG_9620

Ahhhhh…….. this is the place I would love to be right now…. in my warm bed with my husband’s arms wrapped around me. It’s so blissful. So peaceful. I love our room, our bed, just being in that room chills me out and then, add to that laying there entwined with Gene… pure Heaven.

IMG_9621

Click on any of the photos to see them bigger.

I set my camera up in a tripod with the timer on to get this shot. Here’s what I journaled on the page:

“There is no better place to relax than right here. There are no arms that make me feel as secure as yours. I love laying in bed with you. You holding me, our bodies touching, your breath on my neck. There is nothing more relaxing than you.”

Gene is definitely my Jasper. He absolutely can influence my mood. Just a look can relax me, or even excite me! ;} And I often count on him to make me a bit calmer. And he does it so easily. Ok… enough of me typing. He’s downstairs right now and I think I’d like him to hold me for a while…

Comments

Randi said…
Beautiful layout Alison! Hope everyone is feeling better! I've been away from blogland, too! Hope you had a wonderful holiday, despite the ickies. And, have an amazing and safe New Year!
Laura B said…
I love the project you did for this, it's so sweet!:) I'm hoping that sometime this week I'll get to do this challenge and the first one. I really want to do both!

-Laura
Tonya Klar said…
This is absolutely awe inspiring! How blessed you are, Ali! Hold tight!!! This is absolutely perfect!!
What an inspiring and soooo romantic layout!
Lucky, lucky girlie ;)

Have a safe, happy, blessed New Year :*)
~ margie

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July with Imagine Crafts & Stencil Girl!

Hello! Have you heard? The Imagine AIRs have been hopping with Stencil Girl! If you have been here before, you know I loooove me some stencils, so this collaboration was very exciting for me! The teams are hopping for 3 consecutive Saturdays, and this is week 2. I have the entire list of hop links at the bottom of the post. Be sure you don't miss anyone! I decided to to create an extra large gift tag with my new stencils. Using red cardstock, I taped down the Journal Texture #8 Stencil  and inked it up with Golden Glitz Delicata ink . I promise you, this is the BEST gold ink you will ever use! The Journal stamp only has 2 diamonds on it (it's a 4x4" stencil), so after I inked up the first pair, I moved over the stencil, lined it up, and inked again. Next I wanted to do something textural with the Urban Insiders Star . So I took some evergreen cardstock, taped down the star, and slathered on some yummy Iridescent Green Creative Medium . After the medium dried, I ga

Our Favorites: ADfD Blog Hop

***Sorry for the late posting....Blogger doesn't always play nice! Today is the first day of our  ADFD Blog Hop  - a celebration of all of the beautiful images Tammy has created over the years. As a special surprise for Tammy, we have a combination of current and former DT members participating in the hop. Her inspiring art and generous heart have touched us all. We want to take a moment to show our gratitude and thank Tammy for the blessings and joys we have received as members of the ADFD DT. Our theme is “A Collection of ADFD Favorites” - so each DT member’s blog you visit will share something she has created with one of her favorite ADFD images.  The hop has   hidden prizes  - a commenter from each hidden prize stop will win a choice of one image from the ADFD Shop ! You won’t know where the prizes are hidden, so be sure to leave a comment at each stop of the Hop!  Our Blog Hop will run from 7:00 a.m. eastern standard time on Saturday, February 25, 2017 until 9:00 p.m. eas

House Mouse Hop: Nurse Mouse

Hello! I am excited to bring you my first of two posts today. This post is for the House Mouse & Friends Blog Hop. My second will be for Aurora Wings. You can click HERE to see that post. But don't leave yet! Read to the bottom of my post to find out how you can have a shot at winningMy House Mouse project features the adorable Nurse Mouse stamp. My full instructions and supply list is below. Supplies: Stampendous : HMP62 : Nurse Mouse DWLX7026 : Chevron Stencil STF082: VersaFine Onyx Black Ink Others : My Colors Cardstock : Ocean Side Zig Clean Color Markers: 010, 020, 024, 028, 029, 050, 052, 064, 065, 069, 071, 072, 090, 091, 092, 094, 095, 096, 098, 222, 260, 302, 900, 901, 902 Imagine: Silver irRESISTable Pico Embellisher, StazOn White Opaque, Sponge Dauber Canson Mixed Media Cardstock Ranger: Water Brush Beacon Adhesives : Zip Dry Glue Red Cardstock: unknown Directions: 1. Stamp the image with VersaFine on to Mixed Media paper. This paper holds wa