Skip to main content

StampInsanity Challenge #9: Create Your Own Background!

Hello once again! I am so excited about today’s post! Beth and StampInsanity are releasing not one but TWO new sets of digis today!!! And I KNOW you are all gonna love them!!!

twi-chibis-newSETwatermarked 

Here is the first set, called What the Heart Wants. Isn’t it fang-tastic???

Simply Supernatural

Please click on any of the images to see them bigger. These sentiments work with SO many things! I can think of a ton of stamps that they would work for! So what are you waiting for??? Go to Stamp Happens and grab these sets for yourself! Click the link on my sidebar to hop right over and shop! Now, on to my project…

Let me say, I love this card…but it doesn’t photograph too well! It’s way cooler in person! Again, click it to see it bigger! I used Izzy from the first brand new set. She’s so cool! Here’s a close up:

Paranormal2

Broke out my colored pencils again and did my best to make her look just a bit twisted!

For the main background, I used glossy paper and inked it up with 3 colors of alcohol ink. I love the effect you get by dabbing on the colors! It’s like a funky polished stone! I didn’t go too heavy on the colors, I wanted some of the white to show through.

Next, I crumpled up a piece of regular white cardstock and added 3 colors of Distress Ink. Once I applied the colors, I sprayed the stock with water to soften it all up a bit. The colors run together a little which is a wonderful effect! Here’s a close up.

Paranormal4

Then I used on of my fave Sizzix dies to cut out the scrolly square (great description, right?) and added a bit o’ Sakura Stardust pen and some dabs of Tiara Stickles. Ranger’s gonna love me for this project!

Paranormal3

I also added a bit of alcohol ink to the edge of the sentiment (from the second new set), and Izzy as well. I had also shredded it a bit with my edge distresser. I planted the whole thing on a pre-fabbed red card and voila! I think it’s rockin’. Hope you do too!

The rest of the groovy Gurlz have some rockin’ projects too! Go check them out!

Jacquie Jennifer Lisa Juanita

Margie Sarabeth Suzi Tonya

Have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

Jennifer said…
Your card is amazing. I love that background. Compared to yours, it looks like I took the easy way. LOL!
Barb said…
Fabulous card, Alison! Love love LOVE the background, & Izzy's red eyes are the perfect touch :)
Erica said…
Very cool! Love the eyes! Great work!
Lisa Foster said…
This is fabulous!!! I love that awesome background and those eyes!!! Way Cool!!!
Hugs,
Lisa
Alyssa S said…
This is freakin' awesome, little lady! The background is so cool and your coloring rocks!!
Beth said…
I LOVE this! Those eyes are flipping RAD! :) You did an amazing job with the background! Awesome job, as always! xxx
Anonymous said…
great card! the colors rock and the background is amazing!

xo
Laura B said…
Extremely cool card! I really like the background you created.:)

hugs,
Laura

Popular posts from this blog

Our Favorites: ADfD Blog Hop

***Sorry for the late posting....Blogger doesn't always play nice! Today is the first day of our  ADFD Blog Hop  - a celebration of all of the beautiful images Tammy has created over the years. As a special surprise for Tammy, we have a combination of current and former DT members participating in the hop. Her inspiring art and generous heart have touched us all. We want to take a moment to show our gratitude and thank Tammy for the blessings and joys we have received as members of the ADFD DT. Our theme is “A Collection of ADFD Favorites” - so each DT member’s blog you visit will share something she has created with one of her favorite ADFD images.  The hop has   hidden prizes  - a commenter from each hidden prize stop will win a choice of one image from the ADFD Shop ! You won’t know where the prizes are hidden, so be sure to leave a comment at each stop of the Hop!  Our Blog Hop will run from 7:00 a.m. eastern standard time on Saturday, February 25, 2017 until 9:00 p.m. eas

Christmas in July with Imagine Crafts & Stencil Girl!

Hello! Have you heard? The Imagine AIRs have been hopping with Stencil Girl! If you have been here before, you know I loooove me some stencils, so this collaboration was very exciting for me! The teams are hopping for 3 consecutive Saturdays, and this is week 2. I have the entire list of hop links at the bottom of the post. Be sure you don't miss anyone! I decided to to create an extra large gift tag with my new stencils. Using red cardstock, I taped down the Journal Texture #8 Stencil  and inked it up with Golden Glitz Delicata ink . I promise you, this is the BEST gold ink you will ever use! The Journal stamp only has 2 diamonds on it (it's a 4x4" stencil), so after I inked up the first pair, I moved over the stencil, lined it up, and inked again. Next I wanted to do something textural with the Urban Insiders Star . So I took some evergreen cardstock, taped down the star, and slathered on some yummy Iridescent Green Creative Medium . After the medium dried, I ga

House Mouse Hop: Nurse Mouse

Hello! I am excited to bring you my first of two posts today. This post is for the House Mouse & Friends Blog Hop. My second will be for Aurora Wings. You can click HERE to see that post. But don't leave yet! Read to the bottom of my post to find out how you can have a shot at winningMy House Mouse project features the adorable Nurse Mouse stamp. My full instructions and supply list is below. Supplies: Stampendous : HMP62 : Nurse Mouse DWLX7026 : Chevron Stencil STF082: VersaFine Onyx Black Ink Others : My Colors Cardstock : Ocean Side Zig Clean Color Markers: 010, 020, 024, 028, 029, 050, 052, 064, 065, 069, 071, 072, 090, 091, 092, 094, 095, 096, 098, 222, 260, 302, 900, 901, 902 Imagine: Silver irRESISTable Pico Embellisher, StazOn White Opaque, Sponge Dauber Canson Mixed Media Cardstock Ranger: Water Brush Beacon Adhesives : Zip Dry Glue Red Cardstock: unknown Directions: 1. Stamp the image with VersaFine on to Mixed Media paper. This paper holds wa